Atlantic Books require a full-time Production Controller minimum 2 years experience in trade publishing.
Duties: Assisting the Production Director in compiling estimates, maintaining schedules and producing books to the highest quality at the most competitive rates. The role will involve regular liaison with internal departments, external suppliers and printers, as well as general administrative duties and data inputting. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking final files through to bound copies of new titles and reprints.
Requirements: Candidates should feel comfortable working under pressure, to tight deadlines and have good communication and organisational skills. A knowledge of E-Book workflows and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential, and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Biblio is desirable.
- Producing print and digital products on time and to budget. Compiling and comparing estimates, input data and maintain production and print schedules
- Responsible for 2nd outing editions, and assisting the Production Director with reprints and short run/digital printing.
- Print buying: Assisting the Production Director with sourcing materials and negotiating prices and schedules with printers.
- Responsible for the POD programme
- Arranging direct deliveries to vendor’s warehouses and TBS
- Preparing reports – reprint schedules, print meeting agendas and minutes
- Passing printer proofs for colour, content and layout.
- E Books: Arranging conversions from PDF to E book files and making them available for distribution
- Sales material: producing catalogues, book proofs, samplers and blads
- Bibliolive: data input. Updating schedules and production fields and creating reports.
- General: Liaising closely with other departments to facilitate the production of books to the highest quality at the most competitive rates and undertaking any other duties as considered necessary.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to Niccolò De Bianchi on email@example.com
Closing date: 25th of August
Salary: £26,000 or more depending on experience
First interviews will be conducted on Zoom.
Second interviews will be conducted in person.
There are currently no other job vacancies at Atlantic Books. Please continue to check this page for updates, or also visit jobs.thebookseller.com