Marketing Manager – Temporary Contract
Atlantic Books is recruiting for a talented and creative marketing manager with at least 4 years’ experience at a trade publishing house.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with the campaigns, sales and editorial teams to plan, develop and execute creative marketing campaigns for Atlantic’s lead titles. The ideal candidate will have experience running their own campaigns (working across multiple channels including social media, print and outdoor), managing a budget, briefing third party suppliers, communicating with authors and creating high-quality marketing materials. Some design experience is desirable but not essential.
This is a temporary (6 month), full-time position, ideally starting 2 January 2019 and based at Atlantic’s offices in Bloomsbury.
Reporting to the Head of Campaigns, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Deliver clear, creative and commercially focused consumer marketing campaigns
- Write and present creative media briefs and liaise with agencies, designers and third parties
- Manage existing consumer partnerships and explore new opportunities
Trade Marketing and Sales Support
- Create trade-focused marketing campaigns and help the sell-in process by producing sales material (presenters, samplers, proofs)
- Work with the Campaigns Assistant to organise the biannual sales conference, create the conference presentation and produce the sales catalogue.
- Ensure the annual marketing budget is distributed accordingly and marketing activity is in line with sales forecast.
Digital Sales and Social Media
- Liaise with Digital Sales team on AIs, metadata and ebook promotions.
- Help manage Atlantic’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Maintain company website.
- Support the editorial team in the acquisition of titles by contributing creative, effective and original acquisition pitches for circulation and presentation to authors and agents.
Organisation and administration
- Manage the Campaigns Assistant’s marketing aspects of their job, including social media, design work, organization of the sales catalogue and administrative duties.
- Founded in 2000, Atlantic Books is an independent publishing house which has built a worldwide reputation for quality, originality and breadth. Across four imprints we publish a diverse range of literary and commercial fiction, history, politics, science, memoir and current affairs titles, as well as gift books for the Christmas market
How to Apply
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements above, your salary expectations and notice period to Karen Duffy email@example.com
The closing date for this role is Friday 15 November 2018