ATLANTIC BOOKS LIMITED
You will be reporting to MD and Publisher
Direct report: Contracts Manager (part time)
Your duties will be primarily but not necessarily limited to:
- Key duties include generating the rights budget each financial year and ensuring you do everything you can achieve its budget.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of all aspects of the titles in the company’s rights portfolio. This includes up to date information about delivery and British publication dates, UK review coverage, plot and purpose, key sales points, author track record etc
- Negotiate and sell US rights, translation, serial, unabridged audio and all other rights for the Atlantic, Corvus and Allen & Unwin lists.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with authors, agents and colleagues in-house and around the world.
- Ensure that the company’s subsidiary rights contracts adhere to the latest appropriate standards in a given market and are up to date and administered in a timely manner.
- Ensure that within those contracts, the interests of the company and its authors are protected.
- Ensure the company’s presence and activities at the major book fairs of London and Frankfurt.
- Managing sub agencies and reviewing performance.
- Input into acquisitions at the weekly publishing meeting.
- Work with the contracts manager to ensure contracts are drawn up and sent out and liaise with the finance department to make sure invoices are paid.
All interested candidates are instructed to send their C.V.’s to Will Atkinson <email@example.com>