She Speaks: The Power of Women’s Voices
14 November 2019
A powerful celebration of 30 brilliant speeches by women throughout the ages, from Boudica to Michelle Obama, that have inspired change and altered the course of history.
Looking at the greatest speeches of all time, you’d be forgiven for thinking that Elizabeth I and Boudica were about the only women to have dipped a toe into the pool of public oratory. But the truth is very different – countless brave and bold women have used their voices to inspire change, transform lives and radically alter history.
In this timely and personal anthology, Yvette Cooper MP tells the story of 30 inspirational speeches given by women. From Boudica to Margaret Thatcher and from Malala to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, each speech will be reproduced in full and introduced by Yvette. This is not only a much-needed celebration of women’s speeches throughout history, but also proof that powerful and persuasive oratory can be decidedly female.
- A powerful celebration of 30 brilliant speeches by women throughout the ages, from Boudica to Michelle Obama, that have inspired change and altered the course of history.
- Huge marketing campaign, including Instagram influencer drive, digital marketing and outdoor advertising for the Christmas season.
- Beautifully packaged and highly illustrated: This will make the perfect gift book in time for Christmas.
- Highly promotable and influential author: Yvette’s role in the Brexit process has given her already impressive profile a significant boost. She is one of the most highly respected politicians in the UK with more than 240,000 Twitter followers.
- Huge press and publicity interest: There was a storm of media interest when the acquisition was announced in the Bookseller – Yvette has already been invited to headline several major literary festivals, and we expect features and reviews in national newspapers and magazines around publication.
- Point of Sale material available, including postcards, badges and T-shirts